We currently have a vacancy for a cleaner to join the team at our friendly, hardworking school.
10 hours per week, 2 hours each afternoon 3.45 - 5.45pm
Salary: Single Status Grade 1 point 2 - £17,842 (£4,798 per annum based on 10 hours per week)
Closing date: 13 September 2021 at midday
Interview date: to be confirmed
- clean areas of the establishment in accordance with the Building Cleaning Specification as directed by the Premises Manager
- operate cleaning machinery in accordance with instructions
- dilute and use cleaning materials as instructed
- collect and remove waste/rubbish from work area to collection point as directed
- clean and maintain cleaning equipment as instructed
- observe and comply with the Health and Safety Policy and Code of Practice for cleaning staff.
- comply with instructions relating to security and confidentiality.
- carry out the above duties in accordance with the Education Department’s Equal Opportunities Policy.
- work effectively and supportively as a member of the school team
- work in an organised and methodical manner
- act on own initiative, dealing with any unexpected problems that arise
- demonstrate commitment to Equal Opportunities
Some knowledge of Health & Safety Regulations as they relate to the operation of cleaning equipment and the dilution of cleaning materials
Experience of undertaking a range of cleaning duties
clean any area of the school as requested by the caretaker and/or headteacher.
- take personal responsibility for standard of work carried out
- participate in further training and development opportunities offered by the school and county, to further knowledge
- maintain confidentiality on all school matters