At Seaford Primary, we will provide our children with the skills, creativity and enthusiasm they need to thrive in a digital world. Each child will be able to use the internet in a safe and respectful way. They will understand the necessary precautions to take, to stay safe and know where to seek help. Children will be able to write and debug code successfully. All staff will be confident users and teachers of the curriculum.
The importance of computing
Technology is changing the lives of everyone by transforming our work and leisure activities. We teach computing skills which equip children to use information technology. They learn to find, explore, analyse, exchange and present information. We teach the skills they need to use information in a discriminating and effective way. Computing skills can help children become confident, creative and independent learners.
Computing at Seaford Primary School
Our curriculum teaches children to be researchers, creators and responsible, confident users of technology. Children create their own material using a range of programs and hardware. They use various tools such as:
- BeeBots/programmable toys
- the internet and search engines
They learn how to keep safe and be aware of their digital footprint.
Children will learn to:
- understand algorithms and how we use them in technology
- recognise common uses of information technology outside of school
- use technology and the internet safely
- create their own content and programs
- use logical reasoning to predict the behaviour of programs
- debug simple programs
- use technology to create, organise, store, manipulate and retrieve digital content
What do our children say about computing?
“I love it because we get to design our own games and play them.”
Lewis, Year 6
“It is important to make sure we ae safe when we go on the internet. We learn about how to behave and be polite. We learn what to do if we see something we don’t like.”
Tristan, Year 3